Infertility is the inability of a human to reproduce, whether naturally or not. It is a common ailment in both men and women and can be caused in various ways. Infertility is not a contagious disease and should not be treated like an infection. The complex leaves the person incapable of having children. It is very disheartening for the couple to be given the sad news about not being able having children.
Infertility is a very difficult thing to deal with as a couple and even worse as a woman. Many women face this issue about infertility but slowly it is being reduced thanks to medication and therapy.
What is infertility?
In a broader sense, infertility refers to the phenomenon of two human beings who cannot conceive a child after many attempts. It can be caused by infection in both men and women. There are many causes which we will discuss later and some of them can be solved by medication.
There are many causes for infertility in both women and men. Some of the causes are as follows.
Signs and causes of infertility in woman
- Abnormal ovulation: If a woman's ovaries do not release eggs on a regular basis, she could be infertile and will not be able to conceive.
- Hair growth: If a woman starts growing hair in unusual places, where men usually grow hair, it could be a symptom of infertility.
- Skin changes and acne: When the skin of a woman gets very sensitive or becomes very rough and the face develops a lot of acne, this could be a symptom of infertility.
- Periods: Irregular or no periods can cause infertility and is a main cause for it. It should be attended to immediately by a doctor to prevent infertility.
Signs and causes of infertility in man
- Changes in hair: When a man's hair grows or falls unusually, it could result in infertility. When a man notices this, he should get himself checked up.
- Change in desire for sex: When a man's sex drive increases or decreases significantly, it could be a symptom of infertility.
- Sperm count: The sperm count in a man should be or normal range and not too low. If it is too low, it should be checked up on and taken care of.
- Swelling and lumps: When lumps or swellings are found on the body or on the testicles of a man, it could result in infertility if not checked up.
Treatments for infertility
Infertility can be caused by various things as explained earlier but there are various treatments as well. Education on infertility is the main treatment. Counseling on infertility also helps a lot. Medication and therapy help in wondrous ways in some cases of infertility. Having unprotected sex is also a vital treatment in infertility.
The book Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson enlightens people into the causes and treatments for infertility. In the book, she discusses the proper timings, positions and ways that help a couple get pregnant. For a couple looking to start a family, this book is a must have.